Collagen Cookie Dough Bites
Oh hay there. Who doesn't love a little snow in April...HAH kidding. Of course its Canada and totally to be expected. But I am so ready for some sunshine. I feel like we get totally the short end of the stick in Ottawa, Winter lasts for EVER, like ever, spring lasts all of two days and then boom out of no where is 400 degrees, same with fall, it lasts like a week and then boom its snowing. Spring and fall are my favourite seasons, but we hardly get them. I know I know what am I whining for, I live in an awesome, safe, secure country. Its just a cold one...
I also wish every work week was 4 days, it feels so nice having a four day work week. A women can dream! I just feel so much better prepared for my students and so much more chill. Which is ideal. I need that extra time to feel prepped for the next week.
Just because I am really working hard on being more mindful with eating does not mean I am swearing off chocolate or treats, I am just being mindful with them! So I created this collagen cookie dough bites to be a fat packed, not so sweet treat. So if you are looking for something sweeter I would recommend swapping out a tblsp of the coconut butter and adding in a 2nd tblsp of honey.
makes 12 balls
- 2 tblsps collagen
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 tblsp coconut butter
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 almond, coconut, or any other nut milk
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- sprinkle of Himalayan pink salt
- 1-2 tblsp of honey (if you are using 2 tblsps of honey remove 1 tblsp of the coconut butter)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl
- Mix thoroughly
- (If it is liquid-y you can add more shredded coconut and if it is dry you can add in more milk - I did not need to do this, but all ingredients are different!)
- Roll into balls about a tblsp at a time
- Refrigerate on a parchment lined plate for at least an hour before eating