Coconut Flour Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
WOW that is a mouthful. And so are these cookies. They are yummy little bites of joy.
Sometimes you really just want that quick treat. Something that is easy and that uses minimal ingredients. Probably things you have hanging around. I mean for the non - paleo person coconut flour might be weird, but I always have some. But I have a bit of a coconut love affair. I always have all forms of it kicking around in my kitchen.
Man...my brain is so burnt out from report cards I just tried to spell kicking with a qu...I am the best English teacher out there. It's fine, my goal is to be a foods teacher anyways. Or special education (which I am now), but my position is up in June. I am not quite sure how I will get away with paleo-izing the foods curriculum. But I will figure it out. Probably I will go with the real, whole foods approach, no one can take offense with that.
Anyway, if you want to whip up some easy peasy cookies that even your paleo flour doubting hubby will eat, here you are! Best served warm with tea or coffee. MMmmm
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 2 tblsp peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- optional: sprinkle of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Line a baking tray with parchment
- Combine all the ingredients (except the cinnamon) in a mixing bowl and stir until combined - I know baking is supposed to be an art, but in this case it was more a dump and stir. Not artsy, but still yummy
- Scoop out a spoonful at a time, roll into a ball and then squish down on the baking tray
- Once all the cookies are down sprinkle with cinnamon
- Bake for about 15 mins, the bottoms should be nice and golden