Breakfast Plantain Fritters
The key to a good morning, especially a busy weekday one is having food ready! And sometimes it is fun to mix it up. These are totally something you could make ahead, aka make the batter the night before, leave it in the fridge and whip it up the next morning. Or simply reheat already cooked pancakes in the oven while you shower or get dressed. Voila an easy, ready to go breakfast. Plus these are a little different from your typical pancake. Elevating the pancake per say, into a fritter ;).
- 1 plantain
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tblsp coconut flour
- scoop collagen
- 1 tsp butter for cooking
- Steam the plantain until soft
- Put all the ingredients (including the soft plantain) in a vitamix or food processor and blend, you can just blend until mixed if you want chunkier pancakes, or until smooth. This is 100% up to personal tastes
- Let sit for 5 mins to thicken up, if it is too runny add another tblsp coconut flour
- Melt 1 tsp butter in a pan and scoop in about 1/4 cup of the batter at once and cook until golden, then flip
- Enjoy with ghee or butter and maple syrup on top. MMM.