Collagen Chocolate Truffles
I am baaaaack.
Okay well in reality I got back last weekend, but it took me nearly 40 hours to get home and then I just had to find some way to make it through the week.
The Amazon was PHENOMENAL. I will put together a post with stories and pictures soon! I have just been trying to settle back into normal life. I have just finished all the laundry! Yikes.
So to get home I had to leave the jungle at 6 am, take an hour boat trip down the Napo river, a 7 hour drive through the Andes. Then 4 planes. The second plane landed me in DC at 2 am, and then I had to wait 2 hours before I could check into my next flight. So some time, but not enough to leave and get a hotel and sleep. I got back home at 4 pm on the Sunday. So over 30 hours to home. Totally worth it. I could have slept standing up on Monday.
Then this week we had parent teacher interviews at school, so some late nights and long days.
How did I get through?
With the help of two things:
1. Dandy blend lattes
2. Snacks and lots of em.
These chocolate truffles totally helped. Yes they have A LOT of ingredients, but they are total perfection. Don't wait. Seriously. Don't
- 4 tblsps hemp hearts
- 2 tblsps chia seeds
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbslps coconut butter
- 1/2 cup raw cacao butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop collagen
- 2 tblsps maple syrup
- 8 pitted dates
- 1/4 cup almonds
- For Rolling: 1/4 cup cacao nibs and unsweetened shredded coconut
- Combine all the ingredients, except those for rolling, in a high powered blender like a vitamix or a food processor
- Process/ Blend until combine and smooth
- Mix the nibs and coconut in a shallow bowl
- Scoop out the mixture one tablespoon at a time and roll into a ball
- Roll in the coconut mixture
- Makes about 10-12