Superbowl Sunday Dip
Let me be honest, I don't give a shiiit about the Superbowl. Or really sports in general. Watching live hockey is ok, but sports on TV. No thanks. I am hiding in my room blogging while the boys are in the living room watching the game. Not that I am really far away in our 500 sq ft home. I can hear every groan and cheer, but I am blocking it out with a podcast.
OH also I did emerge to watch the halftime show. I am sorry to say but I am not digging JT's outfit. If I saw him in a dark alleyway...I might be slightly worried. Judge me all you want for saying that. But his dance movies are on fire! I also love the people dancing with their saxophones and such. I bet they never expected to be playing the french horn with JT for the Superbowl.
But don't worry I did make a sick Superbowl spread for them, so they are all good.
I made coleslaw, wings, guac, veggies, green beans, chips, and buffalo chicken dip. And brownies with peanut butter icing. The buffalo chicken dip was the MOST popular, so I am going to share that recipe with you. I will also share the peanut butter icing recipe later this week because it was gooood!
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp each salt, pepper, granulated onions, granulated garlic, chili powder and paprika
- 1/4 tsp dried chipotle chili peppers
- 1 cup water or bone broth
- 1 onion diced
- 1 pepper diced
- Another set of spices: 1/4 tsp salt, pepper and chili powder
- 2 containers hummas
- 1/4 cup sriracha
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated. Any kind of cheddar would be good; sheep, goat, buffalo - all good
- Garnish: green onions, jalapenos, plantain chips, cilantro would all work!!
- Preheat the oven to 375
- In an instant pot melt 1 tsp of the butter using the saute function
- Add the chicken thighs and sprinkle with the first set of spices
- After 4-5 mins pour in the liquid, add the lid, and set the instant pot to high pressure for 20 mins
- While the chicken is cooking melt the other tsp butter in a pan on the stove add the onions and saute until translucent
- Add the peppers and rest of the spices saute till soft, another 4-5 mins or so
- Mix the hummus and sriracha in a large bowl
- When the chicken is done shred it and add to the hummus mixture
- Pour the chicken mixture into a baking dish, layer the peppers and onions on top and lastly the cheese
- Cook for 25 mins
- Add any garnishes you want
- Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, veggies, or really a spoon