Is the winter over yet? No? Okay then, have some soup!
It's Monday. And it was not a good Monday. Bah. I have two pretty awesome classes, and one disaster of a class. I just can't. I mean I can. But I have tried a lot of things. But it has only been a couple weeks. So I will just have to keep trying. I cannot even explain all the needs in this classroom. It is like nothing I have ever encountered before. I am trying to avoid a meltdown and I don't even know whose. Maybe mine. Maybe theirs? Who knows. Can't let them know they are getting to me. Well I am sure they know. I feel the worst for the sweet quiet kids who are watching the chaos. Man. I love being a teacher, but this class has me feeling like not the best one. Which sucks. I usually feel like I am pretty good at what I do. But try and try again. I am sure we can come to some kind of normal that works for us as a group. I hope. Oh please let it happen. Otherwise this is going to be one heck of a semester. Building character. Oh lord I hope they never find this....
So basically I am grumpy...and cold.
I had pancakes for dinner - BUT I also needed a little dose of dense nutrition so I whipped up this squash soup to make sure at least some of my needs were being met.
- 1 tblsp avocado oil
- 1 peeled and chopped butternut squash
- 2 peeled and chopped carrots
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 whole clove of garlic
- 1/4 tsp cumin, tumeric, onion flakes, garlic flakes, salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup bone broth
- 1 can full fat coconut
- More salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees
- Chop all the veggies, put on the roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil and the spices
- Roast until soft, about 30 mins
- Put the veggies, broth and coconut milk in a food processor or high powered blender and blend until smooth
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- I garnished mine with baby broccoli greens and goat yogurt