This is summative week. Which means I am trying to get all my students through their final assignments for the semester. Which means I spend all of class running around trying to get my students off youtube and onto their assignments. Okay that is a generalization, but you would be amazed how long it takes to choose a song when you have research to do. This means I am taking all my favourite foods for lunch. Like brussel sprouts.
Brussel Sprouts are my life blood. Like we can demolish 2 pounds in a week. Seriously. They are so good. Forget that gross childhood memory of boiled sprouts that you spat out in your napkin and make these instead. Then your blood will also be made from mostly brussel sprouts. Plus when you eat green veggies with meat you get rid of the cancer risk that can come from eating only meat. WHAT you might say? Check it out here.
Oh and these are EASY. So another bonus point. Easy and delicious. Done.
- 1 lb brussel sprouts
- 1 tblsp ghee
- 1/4 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- Optional: 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Mix the spices together
- Cut the stem-y thing off the bottom of the sprouts and cut them in half
- Toss the sprouts in ghee and all the spices
- Spread out on a baking sheet (stoneware or regular covered in parchment)
- Bake for 30-40 mins, check every ten and stir, remove when crispy
- If you want to get really fancy toss your finished sprouts in 1 tblsp maple syrup (don't do this on the 21 dsd)