PANCAKES and Yoga
I thought of more P's! Pumpkin and Pancakes. How could I have forgotten!
On weekends I like to get my ass in gear with an 8am hot yoga class. I feel super productive after a good sweat. I friggen love hot yoga. Oh but I am awful at it. Like there are people that can balance on one fingertip, upside down and I stand there like whaaaaat despretly trying to touch my toes.
So after yoga, or after sleeping in, or just all the time, who doesn't want a delicious stack of hot pancakes? And in the case 21 day sugar detox friendly, husband and dog approved pumpkin pancakes.
- 1 tblsp butter/ghee/coconut oil for frying
- 1/2 cup mashed pumpkin
- 1 green tipped banana
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tblsp almond butter (smooth)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut or almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- Maple syrup OR;
- 21 dsd friendly topping: 1 tblsp coconut butter, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Mash the banana and mix it with the pumpkin in medium sized bowl
- Add in all the spices, including the salt and stir
- Stir in the baking soda
- Add the almond butter, eggs and milk and stir
- Lastly add in the coconut flour and stir
- Honestly you could probably skip all these steps and just dump everything in a bowl and stir
- Melt butter/ghee/coconut oil in a pan on medium heat
- Pancake batter will be thick, so you will have to scoop and spread out the batter in the pan. About 2 tbslps = one good sized pancake
- Cook until golden brown on one size and flip till golden on both sides
- Delicious served with butter and syrup or almond butter or coconut butter. So many options.
- If you want the coconut butter topping, gently melt the coconut butter and stir and vanilla and cinnamon and put a nice generous dollop on top of the pancakes
I ate my pancakes with coconut butter, bacon, a hard boiled egg and guac. The paleo pup had hers dipped in egg yolk. Hubby had his with runny eggs, bacon and a bagel (he is not so paleo).