Real talk: it is -21 degrees Celsius in Ottawa. Which feels like -33 with wind chill. In American this is -6 / -27. Which is bleeping cold. Like eyelashes freeze, can't breathe kind of cold. Face hurts, want to cry kind of cold. Okay you get the picture.
This kind of cold makes me miserable. I mean how could it not. So after a majorly bundled up dog walk it was totally time to make some soup.
I mean soup is great. You can pack in more veggies, get some bone broth in, and feel all warm and cozy.
This is actually the yummiest soup. Like so good. Sweet and salty and warm and delicious and nourishing. It is also super easy and quick. You should make it. Now.
Bonus: it is 21 day sugar detox friendly. Heck yes.
- Makes 3 cups
- 1 tsp butter
- 6 medium carrots
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup bone broth (homemade or store bought)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream or full fat coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (f)
- Peel and chop the carrots
- Melt the butter and pour over the carrots
- Sprinkle with the spices and mix well
- Spread out over a baking sheet - I used a stone wear pan, but a regular baking sheet with parchment would also work
- Roast the carrots for 20 to 30 mins until soft and browned
- Add the carrots, broth and coconut milk to the a food processor or high speed blender (I used a vitamix). Puree until smooth and add salt and pepper to taste
- Enjoy :)