These Pancakes are Perfection
Breakfast foods are literally the best. Eggs. Bacon. Pancakes.
We all know that one of the hardest things to get right on paleo is pancakes. Because pancakes are like an iconic breakfast food. My husband usually is like "eh" when I make pancakes, BUT this time I hit it out of the park. He begged for more. So. I will call that a win.
I mean its Sunday morning, so you should probably make yourself some pancakes and coast through the day. These pancakes are literally perfection. They are fluffy and crispy at the same time. I ate mine smothered in ghee and maple syrup.
Just so you know this ghee makes my life and adds a whole new dimension to the pancakes. I can eat if off a spoon no problem. I have no kind of affiliation with this company, I just absolutely LOVE this ghee. It is out of this world.
- 3/4 cup cassava flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tblsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- ghee and maple syrup
- Mix all the dry ingredients together with a fork
- Mash the banana and mix it with the wet ingrediate
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk together with the fork
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a skillet and scoop about batter into the pan
- Cook until the edges start to bubble and then flip
- I made 4 giant pancakes with this amount of batter, but you could make 6-8 reasonable sized ones!