Snack Attack: Blueberry Gummies
You know when you are trying to grow your hair and you hate it and just want it short again and you have zero idea why in the hell you are trying to grow it?
Or when the person behind you in yoga has brought ALL their shit into the room and its taking up half their mat so their feet are literally 3 cm's from your face? So you exhale heavily on them and yet she still doesn't get it and leaves her feet in your nose.
Or when your hot yoga class is impossible. Doing nonsense like balancing on one nose hair and an elbow. Or hopping around upside down on one leg diagonally across your mat. What the actual fuck? How do people do these things?
Or you are so stressed about the new semester and your endless doctors appointments that you have not one, not two but THREE cold sores on your face. Great first impression right there.
Or when someone is driving towards you in your lane...
Oh and this all is one day. It makes me grumpy that is for sure. I know I am lucky that these are the crappy parts of my life. But that doesn't help me. I am still grumpy.
You know what does help? Okay two things. My dog, and snacks. I don't really care for your emotional eating assessment. It so doesn't bother me. Snacks are the best, and sometimes they just make all the difference in a day full of nonsense. Plus I share most of them with the dog, so that has to count for something. Yesterday I couldn't have any evening snacks, because I have to take typhoid pills, and you have to do that on an empty stomach. But that is fine. I don't really want typhoid....instead I dreamt about these blueberries gummies.
They make you feel like you are eating candy again, which I honestly can't even remember the point in, but they have gut healing gelatin in them. Bonus. Oh and they are easy as pie. Easier than pie. Pie isn't easy, what a dumb expression.
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (or more if you want them really sour, just reduce the water)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tblsp honey
- 1/4 cup gelatin or this one
- Put the blueberries, lemon juice and water in a saucepan on the stove and cook for about 10 mins until the blueberries are soft
- Pour the blueberry mixture into a blender, blend until smooth
- Put back into the saucepan over low heat and pour in the gelatin and honey, whisk until combine and starts to thicken a little
- Pour into molds or a baking dish with high sides and let set in the fridge (I obviously don't own any pretty molds..)