Banana N'oatmeal Baby
It's Monday. I have three days left with my current students before exams. I am very sad. I have a lovely group of students and I love my schools and may have to leave them in a week. But I am sure I will have an awesome next semester too! Bittersweet.
You know what else is bittersweet? Realizing that food you love makes you feel like shit. Like oatmeal.
I used to be OBSESSED with oatmeal. Like no ones business. In my mind there is nothing better than oatmeal. Buuuut I don't feel great eating it. So I don't usually eat it. Let's just put it this way - grains typically have the reproductive pieces attached to them, and so their goal is to survive and reproduce, which means they don't want to be eaten and are challenging to digest. This can cause digestive upset and inflammation. And in me they 100% do cause these issues.
I have tried so many alternatives and nothing is quite right. This n'oatmeal does the trick. I am so excited and have had it way too many times since discovering it. The only problem is it is made with almond flour, so there is A LOT of nuts in this recipe. Which just means I don't really eat any other nuts for the rest of the day. But that is totally okay. So worth it to feel like I am eating oatmeal again. Whoohoo.
Plus this is easy as all heck, and you could make the dry mix ahead of time in bulk and then scoop it out into a bowl in the am.
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/8 cup ground flax
- 1 tbslp either tigernuts or hemp hearts (I have tried it with both, both good!)
- 1 scoop collagen
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 banana (green tipped for 21 dsd)
- 1/3 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 tsp ghee
- Mash the banana into a bowl
- Add in all the things and mix into the banana, kind of mashing everything together
- Microwave for 2 mins
- Stir in / top with whatever your heart desires.
- Suggestions: berries, coconut, nut butter