Instant Pot Shredded Pork
I don't know how this happened - it is Friday already. YIKES. I am super excited to start next semester, but not ready. I am teaching three new classes and so there is a lot of preparing to do to try and get at least a little bit ready. A little being the key word, I can never be fully ready to teach parenting...I don't have a child. It feels so wrong, but I plan on bringing in as many guest speakers as possible to make up for my childlessness.
Back to food, you are probably sick of hearing about school. One of my fav kitchen tools is the Instant Pot. I mean a pressure cooker that plugs in, turns itself off, and is not going to fly off the stove exploding in some scary freak accident...
It is the best. My favourite thing to make is this shredded pork recipe. It is so good, especially when you fry it after shredding it. All the fat cooks off, and liquid too, and you are left with the most amazing crispy pork. Tacos anyone? Or tossed in my BBQ sauce? SO GOOD. And so easy. Set, forget, and eat later!
- A pork shoulder roast, I do this with all sizes, but aim for the size of two hands spread out
- lots of celtic sea salt
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 and 1/2 cups bone broth
- 1/2 tsp of each of the following: garlic powder, onion flakes, and paprika
- Use the saute function on the instant pot to brown the bacon
- Once browned turn it off
- Rub the pork roast in celtic sea salt. I usually rub it in 3-4 tblsps
- Place the roast on top of the bacon
- Pour the broth along the sides (not over top)
- Sprinkle withe the spices
- Cook on high pressure for 120 mins
- Remove from the liquid and shred
- Add back in 1-3 tblsps of the liquid, tasting as you go (more liquid = saltier)
And that is it!!! I use this pork as a base in lots of recpies and week night meals, it is the easiest, and my absolute favourite protien.